The Plano Drovers Vintage Base Ball Club is a joint venture between The Plano Conservancy for Historic Preservation and the Heritage Farmstead Museum. The Drovers play base ball according to the 1860’s rules & customs.
The major rules differences include:
* slightly larger ball (10" circumference) with a rubber center
* no called balls or strikes, and pitching is underhanded
* players do not use gloves
* no sliding, no stealing, no bunting
* a batter is out when the ball is caught on the first bounce
If you are interested in playing or watching, please email: email@example.com